We're looking for our next Pet Sitter Super Star!
Our established award-winning Pet Sitting business is seeking mature animal lovers to join our team of Pet Sitters and Dog Walkers in NW Calgary.
This is a great opportunity if you love to work with animals and have flexibility and availability in your schedule. We are looking for team members who are ready to commit for the long-term (+1 year) and develop relationships with our valued clients.
Professional Pet Sitters are expected to provide in-home visits and be available to help our clients on an occasional, on-call and/or on-going basis, 7 days a week, from 6 am to 9 pm, including evenings, weekends and Holidays. Dog walks are performed between 10:00 am to 3:00 pm on weekdays. We also perform consultations with new clients in the afternoon and/or the early evening.
The average time per visit or walk is 30 minutes plus driving. We care for ALL pets including exotics, fish tanks and hobby farm animals. The pay is commission-based, with bonuses for working evenings and weekends, with vacation pay and tips. Our sitters are fully employed, insured and covered by our WCB plan for their protection.
Based on our current workload and demand for pet sitting within the last few months, we expect to be quite busy in the Fall and high in demand for the next Holiday season.
Pet Sitters are in demand when people travel and take vacations. Anyone interested in this position will be required to work on long weekends and during the Holidays.
MUST HAVE for this position:
- 18 years old or older
- Continuous availability on evenings, weekends and all Holidays
- Experience in Pet Care (beyond your own pets)
- Experience in customer service
- Exceptional work ethics and flawless reliability
- Willing to go above and beyond for our clients and their pets
- Strong communication skills
- Able to follow detailed instructions
- Your own personal vehicle
- Smartphone with data plan
- Able to pass a Criminal Background Check
- Able to walk up to 3 hour per day, in all weather conditions
- Able to bend, crawl, going up and down stairs and lift up to 30 lbs
- Being located within our Area of Service (NW) or in a surrounding community
- Willing to take a Pet First Aid class within the first 3 months of employment
- No severe allergies to pets, dust and hay
- Comfortable to work alone and independently
- Vaccination against Covid-19 is highly recommended